Police Officer Salary & Benefit Information – Effective July 1, 2022
· Entry Level Police: Base salary of $56,079 annually, with annual 4% “step” increases through year 13 (effective Day 1 of your Academy)
· Police Lateral: Starting salary (Must hold MPTC certification or Out of State Training Equivalent) is $58,322-$63,081 (salary based on full years of experience, up to three years)
· · Receive full pay while you train.
· · Receive Cost of Living increases as awarded by the Mayor and Board.
· Permanent schedules, meaning NO ROTATING BETWEEN DAYS AND NIGHTS!!
· 11.5 Hour shifts= Three day “true weekends” every two weeks
· · Uniforms and equipment are furnished, and an allowance is provided for uniform cleaning and the purchase of shoes.
· · Overtime pay at the rate of time and a half (1½) through the rank of Sergeant.
· · Paid vacations (time is accrued based on years of service).
· · Paid off-duty court appearances.
· · Fifteen (15) paid leave days annually for current Military Reservists or National Guardsman.
· · Tuition Reimbursement Program.
· · 22-year retirement plan at 60% of salary.
· · Eleven (11) paid holidays annually.
· · Bereavement and Sabbatical Leave.
· · Available Supplemental Savings Program, Deferred Compensation Program, Credit Union membership, and Savings Bond Program.
· · Paid life insurance coverage, with full Federal and State benefits for in-the-line-of-duty deaths.
· · Contributory basic health insurance or HMO plans, and non-contributory disability coverage and Life Insurance Plan.
· · Full coverage under Workmen’s Compensation Laws.
· · Bi-Lingual Pay.
· · Night Shift Differential.
Police Communications Specialists Salary & Benefits Information – Effective 7/01/2022
Police Communications Specialist I
· Entry Level - Grade 3 - $51,160 - $81,857
Police Communications Specialist II
· Lateral Entry - Grade 4 - $54,997 - $87,996
Police Communications Specialist III
· Lateral Entry - Grade 5 - $59,112 - $94,595
· Receive full pay during the training process
· 3 tier career path program within 5 years
· Receive cost of living increases as awarded by the Mayor and Board
· Overtime pay at the rate of time and a half
· Night shift differential
· Permanent shifts
· Paid vacations (time accrued based on years of service
· Fifteen (15) paid leave days annually for current Military Reservists or National Guardsman
· 25-year or 30-year retirement plans
· A typical schedule consists of 7 working days over a two-week period.
· The shifts are 12 hours in duration.On-call compensation
· Various on-going training will be available to further your professional career.
Salary and benefits are subject to contractual negotiations. The City of Frederick is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military service, disability, or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodation provided upon request.
Copyright © 2020 Frederick Police Department - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder